Inspiring Story of Ratan Tata

Anulekha

For many of us the Legendry Name "Ratan Tata" is not new.

But still I would like to share a small story that I always found inspirational.

"I don't believe in taking the right decisions, I take decisions and then make them right". One of the Ratan Tata's inspiring words which made me dream beyond shadows.

I feel fortunate that this inspired me and encouraged to have a successful HR Career even though I am a technical student.

Career – Starting small and steady

Even though Ratan Tata was born in a very posh family of India he never took money and power for granted. He graduated from Riverdale Country from New York Ratan Tata began his career in the Tata Group, working on the shop floor of Tata Steel, shoveling limestone, and handling the blast furnace. After working for almost 10 years he was appointed as the Director-in-Charge of the National Radio & Electronics Company Limited (NELCO) in order to help its struggling finances. He worked towards building a better consumer electronics division but the economic recession and union strikes prevented him from achieving success and this success helped Tata to be appointed as the Chairman of the Tata Group of Companies. He started with a very basic job in his father's company and today he owns a billion-dollar company.

As the Chairman of Tata Group, he was able to achieve international recognition and prestige for his company. The astounding financial success of the company brought the Tata Group to the New York Stock Exchange and under his supervision, the corporation became a global brand by acquiring many companies including Tetley, Jaguar Land Rover, and Corus.

A throwback of Ratan Tata.JPG